Source: Kings' Mitchell won't play this season
Los Angeles Kings veteran defenseman Willie Mitchell will not play this season, a source told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun.Los Angeles Kings veteran defenseman Willie Mitchell will not play this season, a source told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun.
Mitchell has struggled to recover from knee surgery he had in the offseason and has not played at all this season. He had five goals and 19 assists in 76 games in the Kings' Stanley Cup-winning 2011-12 season and was plus-20.
Drewiske, 28, played in 20 games with the Kings this season, recording four points, 14 penalty minutes and a plus-3 rating. Drewiske was originally signed by the Kings as a free agent on April 1, 2008, and played in 126 NHL games total.
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor 49 min ago
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th 36 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 7 min ago
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos