Roy to Canucks for prospect, 2nd-round pick
The Dallas Stars on Tuesday traded center Derek Roy to the Vancouver Canucks for prospect Kevin Connauton and a second-round draft pick.
Roy, 29, is set to become an unrestricted free agent after the season, just like Stars forward Jaromir Jagr, whom Dallas has agreed to trade to Boston, a source said Tuesday.
He has four goals and 22 points this season after going 17-27-44 for the Sabres last season. His best year was 2007-08, when he had 32 goals and 49 assists.
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor 50 min ago
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th 37 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 8 min ago
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos