Source: Blues goalie Halak to miss 3 weeks
St. Louis Blues goaltender Jaroslav Halak will miss approximately three weeks due to a lower-body injury, a source told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun.St. Louis Blues goaltender Jaroslav Halak will miss approximately three weeks due to a lower-body injury, a source told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun.
Halak suffered the injury in the first period of Monday's victory over the Minnesota Wild. The seven-year veteran missed time earlier this season with a similar injury.
The Blues recalled rookie goalie Jake Allen from Peoria of the AHL on Tuesday to help replace Halak. Allen figures to serve as a backup behind Brian Elliott, who replaced Halak on Monday and made 19 saves in St. Louis' 4-1 victory over Minnesota.
Halak is 6-5-1 with a 2.14 goals-against average in 16 games this season.
St. Louis (18-14-2) enters Wednesday tied with the rival Nashville Predators (15-14-8) for eighth place in the Western Conference standings.
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught...
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos