Ducks sign BC star Whitney to 2-year deal
The Anaheim Ducks have signed high-scoring forward Steven Whitney to a two-year, entry-level contract.ANAHEIM, Calif. -- The Anaheim Ducks have signed high-scoring forward Steven Whitney to a two-year, entry-level contract.
The Ducks announced the deal Thursday with Whitney, who spent the past four seasons at Boston College.
Whitney was one of the nation's best available undrafted free agents after scoring 45 points in 38 games for the Eagles this past season, ranking second in the nation with 26 goals. He won the Walter Brown Award as the best American-born college hockey player in New England.
Boston College won two NCAA titles and all four Beanpot tournaments during Whitney's career. The Massachusetts native scored 128 points in 160 career games.
Whitney is likely to start his pro career with the Ducks' AHL affiliate in Norfolk.
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 58 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Winter's Last Blast
59 min ago
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos