Wings recall Sheahan, of Teletubby DUI fame
The Detroit Red Wings have recalled Riley Sheahan from their American Hockey League affiliate.
The move was made Saturday, a day before Detroit hosts the St. Louis Blues.
Detroit drafted Sheahan in the first round of the 2010 NHL draft and he played in one game for the Red Wings last year. He had 35 points in 67 games this season for the Grand Rapids Griffins.
Sheahan pleaded guilty to drunken driving in December following an infamous traffic stop. He was wearing the costume of the purple Teletubby named Tinky Winky on Oct. 29 when he was arrested in Grand Rapids, Mich. Police at the time said Sheahan had a blood-alcohol level of 0.30, well over the legal limit.
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 30 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos