Hurricanes activate Faulk from injured reserve
The Carolina Hurricanes have activated defenseman Justin Faulk from injured reserve.RALEIGH, N.C. -- The Carolina Hurricanes have activated defenseman Justin Faulk from injured reserve.
The team also said Tuesday it has sent defenseman Brett Bellemore to its AHL affiliate in Charlotte.
The 21-year-old Faulk missed nine games with a sprained right medial collateral ligament.
The second-year player leads the Hurricanes by averaging 23 minutes, 13 seconds of ice time and his plus-minus rating of plus-4 is second-best on the team.
The moves were made a few hours before Carolina's home game against Eastern Conference-leading Pittsburgh. The slumping Hurricanes entered having lost a club-record-tying seven straight at home and 12 of 13 overall.
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot 54 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd 58 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 39 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos