Hurricanes activate Faulk from injured reserve
The Carolina Hurricanes have activated defenseman Justin Faulk from injured reserve.RALEIGH, N.C. -- The Carolina Hurricanes have activated defenseman Justin Faulk from injured reserve.
The team also said Tuesday it has sent defenseman Brett Bellemore to its AHL affiliate in Charlotte.
The 21-year-old Faulk missed nine games with a sprained right medial collateral ligament.
The second-year player leads the Hurricanes by averaging 23 minutes, 13 seconds of ice time and his plus-minus rating of plus-4 is second-best on the team.
The moves were made a few hours before Carolina's home game against Eastern Conference-leading Pittsburgh. The slumping Hurricanes entered having lost a club-record-tying seven straight at home and 12 of 13 overall.
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 48 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
4 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos