Hawks' Sharp back after missing 14 games
Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Sharp played against the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday after missing 14 games because of an upper-body injury.
Sharp put five shots on net and saw action on the power play as the Hawks blanked Minnesota 1-0.
"Oh, I don't know," Sharp said when asked if he gave his team a lift. "I think we've got a pretty good thing going here right now.
"I was just happy to get back in the swing of things with the team. It's a great team to be a part of. Awesome guys off the ice. They make you feel welcome right away. So it was great to be out there. I think we're a good team, with or without me."
Coach Joel Quenneville was happy to have one of his top snipers back.
"He played very well," Quenneville said. "He was good defensively. He was good offensively. He had some good lucks. He had some pucks at the net. I thought he played very well."
Sharp talked about the excitement of returning before the game.
"Not too anxious, more excited. I'm back and it feels good to rejoin the team," Sharp told reporters. "It's always tough when you sit out for a period of time; those first couple shifts seem a little faster than they normally are. But we have a great team here and I'm happy to kind of fit in again."
Sharp, who has five goals and 13 assists in 24 games this season, hadn't played since suffering the injury against the Colorado Avalanche on March 6. He said his rehab went according to plan, but it wasn't without its frustrations.
"It was frustrating because I could skate and shoot pretty good at like two weeks, but it took two or three more to actually take contact and do some other things to allow me to play," Sharp said. "You go out there and you're skating with the coaches and the trainers and you can shoot pucks and you can skate good and you feel like you can play but there is so much more that goes into it, so that was the frustrating part."
Ben Goessling, special to ESPNChicago.com, contributed to this report.
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 51 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 49 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 45 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 50 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 44 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
49 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car...
51 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's...
54 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos