Source: Budaj, Habs agree for 2 years, $2.8M
The Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday signed goaltender Peter Budaj to a two-year contract extension.
Budaj played eight games with the Canadiens this season, with a 6-1-1 record and 2.28 goals against average and .917 save percentage with one shutout.
The 30-year-old will get the start in goal Thursday night when the Canadians visit the Buffalo Sabres.
Budaj joined the Canadiens organization as a free agent in 2011. He was drafted by the Colorado Avalanche in the second round (63rd overall) of the 2001 NHL Entry Draft.
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 4 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire 46 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos