Stars recall Nilstorp day after Lehtonen injury
The Dallas Stars have recalled goaltender Cristopher Nilstorp from their American Hockey League affiliate a day after starter Kari Lehtonen left a game with a lower body injury.DALLAS -- The Dallas Stars have recalled goaltender Cristopher Nilstorp from their American Hockey League affiliate a day after starter Kari Lehtonen left a game with a lower-body injury.
The move Wednesday means Nilstorp will back up Richard Bachman, who didn't allow a goal after replacing Lehtonen in Tuesday's 5-1 win against Los Angeles.
Lehtonen, who missed five games earlier in the season with a groin injury, is listed as day to day.
The Stars, making a late surge to stay in the Western Conference playoff race, play at Nashville on Friday.
Nilstorp is 18-11-6 with the Texas Stars and ranks 10th in the AHL with a 2.26 goals-against average. He has four shutouts and a .909 save percentage. He is 1-3-1 with Dallas this season.
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911 25 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos