Stars recall Nilstorp day after Lehtonen injury
The Dallas Stars have recalled goaltender Cristopher Nilstorp from their American Hockey League affiliate a day after starter Kari Lehtonen left a game with a lower body injury.DALLAS -- The Dallas Stars have recalled goaltender Cristopher Nilstorp from their American Hockey League affiliate a day after starter Kari Lehtonen left a game with a lower-body injury.
The move Wednesday means Nilstorp will back up Richard Bachman, who didn't allow a goal after replacing Lehtonen in Tuesday's 5-1 win against Los Angeles.
Lehtonen, who missed five games earlier in the season with a groin injury, is listed as day to day.
The Stars, making a late surge to stay in the Western Conference playoff race, play at Nashville on Friday.
Nilstorp is 18-11-6 with the Texas Stars and ranks 10th in the AHL with a 2.26 goals-against average. He has four shutouts and a .909 save percentage. He is 1-3-1 with Dallas this season.
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 50 min ago
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 2 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Frost Advisory Overnight
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos