Wild will move AHL team from Houston to Iowa
The Minnesota Wild are moving their primary minor league team to Iowa.ST. PAUL, Minn. -- The Minnesota Wild are moving their primary minor league team to Iowa.
The Wild made the long-anticipated announcement Thursday that their American Hockey League affiliate will relocate from Houston to Des Moines, starting next season.
Wild chief operating officer Matt Majka says the organization was unable to agree on terms of a new arena lease at the Toyota Center in Houston. The Aeros have been the Wild's top minor league club in the 30-team AHL since 2001.
Des Moines is about a 3.5-hour drive from the Twin Cities.
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 9 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos