Wild will move AHL team from Houston to Iowa
The Minnesota Wild are moving their primary minor league team to Iowa.ST. PAUL, Minn. -- The Minnesota Wild are moving their primary minor league team to Iowa.
The Wild made the long-anticipated announcement Thursday that their American Hockey League affiliate will relocate from Houston to Des Moines, starting next season.
Wild chief operating officer Matt Majka says the organization was unable to agree on terms of a new arena lease at the Toyota Center in Houston. The Aeros have been the Wild's top minor league club in the 30-team AHL since 2001.
Des Moines is about a 3.5-hour drive from the Twin Cities.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly 57 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
55 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos