Blue Jackets' Calvert signs 2-year extension
Left wing Matt Calvert, a valuable forechecker with the Columbus Blue Jackets, has signed a two-year contract extension that will pay him almost $1 million a season through 2014-15.COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Left wing Matt Calvert, a valuable forechecker with the Columbus Blue Jackets, has signed a two-year contract extension that will pay him almost $1 million a season through 2014-15.
The 23-year-old left wing is currently out with a broken index finger on his right hand and is expected to miss the club's final two regular-season games. He is one of the reasons the Blue Jackets are in the thick of the Western Conference playoff race, entering Tuesday's play in eighth place.
The native of Brandon, Manitoba, has nine goals and seven assists with 32 penalty minutes in 42 games in his third season with the organization. He was taken by Columbus with its fifth pick in the 2008 draft.
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 28 min ago
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos