Crosby cleared to join Penguins at practice
Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby has been cleared to resume practicing less than a month after a deflected shot fractured his jaw.
Crosby will practice with the Penguins on Friday, the team said on their website.
There is no timetable for when Crosby will rejoin the lineup, but Pittsburgh is hopeful he can play Game 1 of the playoffs.
Crosby, who will continue to wear a plastic shield to protect his jaw, underwent root canals and had titanium plates inserted in his jaw, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station... 26 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire 39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos