Canes' Semin (concussion) out final two games
The Carolina Hurricanes say Alexander Semin is out with a concussion.
Coach Kirk Muller said Thursday that Semin will miss their final two games of the season, including the home finale against the New York Rangers.
Semin ends his season with 13 goals and 31 assists while establishing himself as a valuable component of the Hurricanes' top line. He was Carolina's marquee free-agent acquisition this offseason after coming over from division rival Washington.
He had a goal in the Hurricanes' 4-3 shootout win over the New York Islanders on Tuesday night, but was held out of practice Wednesday.
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare 40 min ago
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours 22 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 30 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila....
32 min ago
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
30 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for...
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos