Hawks' Bolland, Emery out for Game 2 vs. Wild
Injured Chicago Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland and goaltender Ray Emery will not play Friday in Game 2 of their first-round playoff series against the Minnesota Wild, coach Joel Quenneville said on Thursday.
CHICAGO -- Injured Chicago Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland and goaltender Ray Emery will not play Friday in Game 2 of their first-round playoff series against the Minnesota Wild, coach Joel Quenneville said Thursday.
"We're going to rule them out," Quenneville said of both players. "Ray was out there today. [Bolland] didn't skate, but he's real close to getting on the ice. ... [Emery] felt good, too. It was good progress today."
Quenneville said Bolland and Emery likely would travel with the team to Minnesota on Saturday. Games 3 and 4 will be in St. Paul.
Bolland has missed four consecutive games because of a lower-body injury suffered against the Vancouver Canucks on April 22. Bolland, who has missed 13 games this season because of various injuries, has seven goals and seven assists in 35 games.
Emery has missed three consecutive games with a lower-body injury. He suffered the injury against the Edmonton Oilers on April 24. He is 17-1-0 with a 1.94 goals-against average and a .922 save percentage this season.
The Blackhawks defeated the Wild 2-1 in overtime in Game 1 on Tuesday. Blackhawks goaltender Corey Crawford made 26 saves in the victory, and he was backed up by Henrik Karlsson, who was recently recalled from the AHL's Rockford IceHogs.
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 12 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos