Veteran D Souray healthy scratch for Ducks
Veteran defenseman Sheldon Souray will be a healthy scratch for the Ducks in Game 3 against the Detroit Red Wings, in a surprising move by Anaheim coach Bruce Boudreau.
Souray, signed to a three-year, $11 million contract over the summer, played in 44 games during the regular season and said he's completely healthy.
"[It's] unexpected but we didn't win," Souray said after an extended morning skate in Detroit. "Whatever it takes at this point to win, you've got to respect."
The Ducks split the first two games of the series at home, with Souray averaging 20:48 of ice time per game. Luca Sbisa (lower body) will replace Souray in the lineup, bringing the Ducks more mobility on defense as the series shifts back to Detroit.
"This time of year it's all about winning," Souray said. "Whatever we have to do to win, we're on board with."
Lashoff played in 31 games during the regular season, registering five points for the Red Wings.
"I'm really excited. I think there's no need to be nervous at all for me. I've been skating a lot, working out a lot and watching plenty of video," he said. "There's no reason why I can't come in and contribute and help the team win."
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire 20 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons 35 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos