Calder finalists: Gallagher, Huberdeau, Saad
Montreal Canadiens right wing Brendan Gallagher, Florida Panthers center Jonathan Huberdeau and Chicago Blackhawks left wing Brandon Saad are the three finalists for the Calder Trophy, give to the NHL's top rookie.
NEW YORK -- Montreal Canadiens right wing Brendan Gallagher, Florida Panthers center Jonathan Huberdeau and Chicago Blackhawks left wing Brandon Saad are the three finalists for the Calder Trophy, given to the NHL's top rookie.
Gallagher played in 44 games, ranking second among rookies with 15 goals and fourth with 28 points.
Huberdeau played in all 48 games for Florida and ranked second both on the team and among NHL rookies with 31 points (14 goals, 17 assists). Among first-year players, he finished third in goals, fourth in assists and third in shots on goal (112).
Saad ranked fifth among rookies in each of the three major scoring categories -- goals (10), assists (17) and points (27).
The winner will be announced during the Stanley Cup finals.
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos