Rangers' Staal out for Game 4 against Capitals
New York Rangers defenseman Marc Staal, who returned Monday after missing two months with an injured right eye, did not play in Wednesday night's Game 4 against the Washington Capitals at Madison Square Garden.
NEW YORK -- New York Rangers defenseman Marc Staal, who returned Monday after missing two months with an injured right eye, did not play in the team's 4-3 win in Game 4 against the Washington Capitals on Wednesday night.
Staal participated in the team's optional morning skate Wednesday at Madison Square Garden with no apparent problem. Following his return in Game 3, Staal mentioned that some lingering issues with his eye had resurfaced the prior week, but had since abated.
Steve Eminger, who played in the first two games of the series, went back into the lineup.
Ryane Clowe did play for the Rangers after taking part in warm-ups. The 30-year-old Rangers forward, who suffered what is believed to have been a concussion in the final week of the regular season, replaced Darroll Powe, who was injured Monday in New York's 4-3 win.Clowe had an assist in the Game 4 win, which evened the series at 2-2.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos