Rangers' Staal out for Game 4 against Capitals
New York Rangers defenseman Marc Staal, who returned Monday after missing two months with an injured right eye, did not play in Wednesday night's Game 4 against the Washington Capitals at Madison Square Garden.
NEW YORK -- New York Rangers defenseman Marc Staal, who returned Monday after missing two months with an injured right eye, did not play in the team's 4-3 win in Game 4 against the Washington Capitals on Wednesday night.
Staal participated in the team's optional morning skate Wednesday at Madison Square Garden with no apparent problem. Following his return in Game 3, Staal mentioned that some lingering issues with his eye had resurfaced the prior week, but had since abated.
Steve Eminger, who played in the first two games of the series, went back into the lineup.
Ryane Clowe did play for the Rangers after taking part in warm-ups. The 30-year-old Rangers forward, who suffered what is believed to have been a concussion in the final week of the regular season, replaced Darroll Powe, who was injured Monday in New York's 4-3 win.Clowe had an assist in the Game 4 win, which evened the series at 2-2.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos