Sabres re-sign forward Scott to 1-year contract
The Buffalo Sabres have re-signed rugged fourth-line forward John Scott to a one-year contract.
Listed at 6-foot-8 and 270 pounds, Scott had no points and 69 penalty minutes in 34 games last season. The Sabres acquired Scott by signing him to a one-year contract in free agency last summer to add size and grit to their roster.
He split the 2011-12 season with Chicago and the New York Rangers. He broke into the NHL in 2008-09, and played his first two seasons with the Minnesota.
Over five seasons, Scott has a goal and four assists and 305 penalty minutes in 180 career games.
The team announced the signing on Monday morning.
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 7 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 13 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
25 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
7 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos