Sabres re-sign forward Scott to 1-year contract
The Buffalo Sabres have re-signed rugged fourth-line forward John Scott to a one-year contract.
Listed at 6-foot-8 and 270 pounds, Scott had no points and 69 penalty minutes in 34 games last season. The Sabres acquired Scott by signing him to a one-year contract in free agency last summer to add size and grit to their roster.
He split the 2011-12 season with Chicago and the New York Rangers. He broke into the NHL in 2008-09, and played his first two seasons with the Minnesota.
Over five seasons, Scott has a goal and four assists and 305 penalty minutes in 180 career games.
The team announced the signing on Monday morning.
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 36 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 24 min ago
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party 31 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 37 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos