Lundqvist plans to battle through sore shoulder
New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist suffered a left shoulder injury late in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference semifinals on Sunday, but he plans on battling through it.
Game 3 is Tuesday at Madison Square Garden.
"Yeah, it's under control," Lundqvist said after practice Monday. "I landed on the ice awkwardly and hurt it a little bit. It's under control.
"Everybody's sore. It's the playoffs. You can't just sit out because it's hurting a little bit. It happens and you just have to make sure you do the right things to make it good."
During the first two games of the series -- both losses -- Lundqvist has allowed eight goals on 80 shots. Five of those goals came in Game 2.
"You're never happy or satisfied giving up five goals, but you have to move on and take the good parts and try to learn something from it," Lundqvist said.
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire 5 min ago
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing 5 min ago
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody!
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital 5 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos