Lundqvist plans to battle through sore shoulder
New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist suffered a left shoulder injury late in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference semifinals on Sunday, but he plans on battling through it.
Game 3 is Tuesday at Madison Square Garden.
"Yeah, it's under control," Lundqvist said after practice Monday. "I landed on the ice awkwardly and hurt it a little bit. It's under control.
"Everybody's sore. It's the playoffs. You can't just sit out because it's hurting a little bit. It happens and you just have to make sure you do the right things to make it good."
During the first two games of the series -- both losses -- Lundqvist has allowed eight goals on 80 shots. Five of those goals came in Game 2.
"You're never happy or satisfied giving up five goals, but you have to move on and take the good parts and try to learn something from it," Lundqvist said.
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 35 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 10 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos