Predators sign Vainonen to three-year contract
The Nashville Predators have signed defenseman Mikko Vainonen to a three-year, entry-level contract.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Nashville Predators have signed defenseman Mikko Vainonen to a three-year, entry-level contract.
The Predators announced the deal Friday.
Vainonen, 19, spent his first season with the Kingston Frontenacs in the CHL, and the native of Finland was fourth among defensemen with 22 points. He also was the captain of Finland's team at the 2012 U-18 World Championships.
He was the Predators' sixth selection in the 2012 draft at No. 118 overall in the fourth round.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos