Rattie, Portland advance to Memorial Cup final
Ty Rattie scored in the third period and Mac Carruth made 34 saves to help the Portland Winterhawks beat the London Knights 2-1 on Friday night in the Memorial Cup semifinal.
SASKATOON, Saskatchewan -- Ty Rattie scored in the third period and Mac Carruth made 34 saves to help the Portland Winterhawks beat the London Knights 2-1 on Friday night in the Memorial Cup semifinal.
Tyler Wotherspoon also scored, and Nicolas Petan added two assists for Western Hockey League champion Portland.
The Winterhawks will face the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League champion Halifax Mooseheads on Sunday night in the Canadian Hockey League title game. Halifax beat Portland 7-4 in round-robin play in the four-team tournament.
Max Domi scored for the Knights, the Ontario Hockey League winner.
Rattie broke a tie at 8:32 of the third period, circling in the London zone before beating goalie Jake Patterson from the slot for his tournament-leading fifth goal. Domi opened the scoring on a power play midway through the second period, and Wotherspoon tied it 2:08 later on a shot from the point that found its way through.
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains 1 min ago
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington 20 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 42 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA...
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos