Kings, D Voynov agree to six-year contract
The Los Angeles Kings and defenseman Slava Voynov have agreed to terms on a new six-year contract, the team announced Tuesday.
The deal is worth $25 million, a source told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun.
Voynov led the Kings in goals (6) and total points (13) in their postseason run that ended with a loss to the Chicago Blackhawks in the Western Conference finals.
The 23-year-old Russian skated in all 48 of the team's regular-season games this year and had new career highs for both points (25) and assists (19) during the regular season.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos