Blues ink Shattenkirk, Berglund to new deals
The St. Louis Blues re-signed defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk to a four-year contract Wednesday, and reached a one-year deal with center Patrik Berglund.ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Blues re-signed defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk to a four-year contract Wednesday, and reached a one-year deal with center Patrik Berglund.
The Shattenkirk deal is worth $17 million over four years for a $4.25 million average per year, a source told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun.
The 24-year-old Shattenkirk had five goals and 18 assists in 48 games last season. In four NHL seasons with Colorado and St. Louis, the former Boston University player has 23 goals and 86 assists in 201 games.
The 25-year-old Berglund, from Sweden, had 17 goals and eight assists in 48 games last season. In five seasons with the Blues, he has 92 goals and 96 assists in 358 games.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly 17 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
15 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos