Red Wings, Kindl agree to four-year contract
The Detroit Red Wings and defenseman Jakub Kindl have agreed to terms of a four-year contract.
The 26-year-old Kindl was a restricted free agent. He'll make $2.4 million a year under the new contract.
Kindl was drafted by the Red Wings in 2005 and made his NHL debut in 2009.
The Sumperk, Czech Republic, native scored a career-high four goals for the Red Wings in the 2012-13 season and tied his career high of 13 points.
Detroit was knocked out of playoffs this season by the Chicago Blackhawks, who went on to win the Stanley Cup.
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos