Hawks re-sign playoff star Bickell for 4 years
The Chicago Blackhawks re-signed forward Bryan Bickell to a four-year contract on Sunday, the team announced.
Bickell will make $16 million over the four seasons, a source told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun. Bickell will receive $2 million plus a $1 million bonus next season, $4 million in 2014-15 and $4.5 million in the 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons.
"It feels good," Bickell said on ChicagoBlackhawks.com. "We got it done. I feel like Chicago is like a second home. I got drafted here. You can't beat the city, the fans and the team. I'm happy to be back. It's an awesome feeling."
The 27-year-old Bickell was set to become an unrestricted free agent on July 5. He elevated his stock after producing nine goals and eight assists during the Blackhawks' Stanley Cup run. He had nine goals and 14 assists in 48 regular-season games in 2013.
"We have a great core of guys and we won two Cups in four years and there's going to be many more to come," he said after Chicago won the Stanley Cup Monday in Boston. "And I'm willing to do it because it's fun and winning is fun."
Blackhawks general manager Stan Bowman said after the season that re-signing Bickell was a priority for the organization.
Bickell was drafted by the Blackhawks in the second round of the 2004 draft. He has 40 goals and 50 assists in 220 regular-season games with the Blackhawks since the 2006-07 season.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 35 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 56 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos