Hawks re-sign playoff star Bickell for 4 years
The Chicago Blackhawks re-signed forward Bryan Bickell to a four-year contract on Sunday, the team announced.
Bickell will make $16 million over the four seasons, a source told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun. Bickell will receive $2 million plus a $1 million bonus next season, $4 million in 2014-15 and $4.5 million in the 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons.
"It feels good," Bickell said on ChicagoBlackhawks.com. "We got it done. I feel like Chicago is like a second home. I got drafted here. You can't beat the city, the fans and the team. I'm happy to be back. It's an awesome feeling."
The 27-year-old Bickell was set to become an unrestricted free agent on July 5. He elevated his stock after producing nine goals and eight assists during the Blackhawks' Stanley Cup run. He had nine goals and 14 assists in 48 regular-season games in 2013.
"We have a great core of guys and we won two Cups in four years and there's going to be many more to come," he said after Chicago won the Stanley Cup Monday in Boston. "And I'm willing to do it because it's fun and winning is fun."
Blackhawks general manager Stan Bowman said after the season that re-signing Bickell was a priority for the organization.
Bickell was drafted by the Blackhawks in the second round of the 2004 draft. He has 40 goals and 50 assists in 220 regular-season games with the Blackhawks since the 2006-07 season.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 40 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 47 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 18 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 44 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 51 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 26 min ago
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 13 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 46 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
3 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
18 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card...
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos