Sharks deal Galiardi to Flames for draft pick
The San Jose Sharks have traded forward T.J. Galiardi to the Calgary Flames in exchange for a fourth-round pick in the 2015 draft.
The Sharks announced the move Tuesday, the deadline for teams to make qualifying offers to their restricted free agents such as Galiardi. He spent the last two seasons with the Sharks, scoring six goals to go with nine assists in 50 regular-season games.
Galiardi became expendable after the Sharks acquired Tyler Kennedy from Pittsburgh on Sunday and the arrival of last year's first-round pick Tomas Hertl. Galiardi was acquired from Colorado in a six-player trade in February 2012 and played on San Jose's top line with Brent Burns and Joe Thornton last season.
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos