Sharks deal Galiardi to Flames for draft pick
The San Jose Sharks have traded forward T.J. Galiardi to the Calgary Flames in exchange for a fourth-round pick in the 2015 draft.
The Sharks announced the move Tuesday, the deadline for teams to make qualifying offers to their restricted free agents such as Galiardi. He spent the last two seasons with the Sharks, scoring six goals to go with nine assists in 50 regular-season games.
Galiardi became expendable after the Sharks acquired Tyler Kennedy from Pittsburgh on Sunday and the arrival of last year's first-round pick Tomas Hertl. Galiardi was acquired from Colorado in a six-player trade in February 2012 and played on San Jose's top line with Brent Burns and Joe Thornton last season.
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 25 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 25 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos