Prospective Coyotes owners sign arena lease
The prospective owners of the Phoenix Coyotes have signed their lease agreement for Jobing.com Arena.
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The prospective owners of the Phoenix Coyotes have signed their lease agreement for Jobing.com Arena.
Daryl Jones, partner with Renaissance Sports & Entertainment, tweeted on Monday that the lease agreement with the City of Glendale has been executed.
The Glendale City Council approved a 15-year, $225 million arena lease deal with RSE during a special session last week.
RSE still has to complete its purchase of the team and get approval from the NHL's Board of Governors, but those are expected to be formalities.
The Coyotes have been run by the league the past four years after former owner Jerry Moyes took the team into bankruptcy in 2009.
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding 35 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos