San Jose's Shark Tank renamed SAP Center
Welcome to the SAP Center at San Jose.
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Welcome to the SAP Center at San Jose.
Representatives from both SAP, a software company, and the San Jose Sharks were on hand for the official renaming of the building that hosts the NHL team.
SAP also sponsored the men's tennis tournament in San Jose that moved out of the country following its last event in February.
Previously known as HP Pavilion, and nicknamed the Shark Tank for its main residents, SAP bought out the final two years and added three more years to its commitment, with a five-year option.
SAP representatives promised an enhanced fan experience at hockey games, though it's not yet clear how that will work.
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains 23 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 9 min ago
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak 16 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare 24 min ago
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos