Hurricanes sign No. 5 overall pick Lindholm
The Carolina Hurricanes have signed first-round draft pick Elias Lindholm to a three-year, entry-level contract.
Lindholm signed his deal during a ceremony Monday at team headquarters.
The versatile forward will make $832,500 at the NHL level or $70,000 in the minors in each of the three years. He will receive a signing bonus of $277,500.
Hurricanes general manager Jim Rutherford says Lindholm will have the opportunity to start the season with the team "and I will be shocked if he doesn't." Rutherford says Lindholm can play all three forward positions.
Carolina took Lindholm with the fifth pick of the draft last month. The 18-year-old Lindholm had 11 goals and 19 assists last season in the Swedish Elite League.
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 2 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 20 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos