Canes ink Jared Staal to 1-year, 2-way deal
The Carolina Hurricanes have signed Jared Staal to a one-year, two-way contract.
The team announced the signing of the youngest of the four Staal brothers on Tuesday.
The right winger will make $550,000 on the NHL level or $60,000 in the minor leagues this season.
He spent most of last season in the minors, was brought up to the Hurricanes late last season and made his NHL debut April 25 -- starting the game on a line with both of his brothers.
That marked the fourth time in league history that three brothers played for the same team during the same season.
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos