Red Wings re-sign D Smith to two-year deal
The Detroit Red Wings have agreed to a two-year contract with defenseman Brendan Smith.
The 24-year-old Smith, a former first-round draft pick, played in 34 games for the Red Wings in 2012-13. In 48 career games, he has a goal and 14 assists, along with 49 penalty minutes.
Smith also appeared in all 14 postseason games for Detroit this season, scoring two goals with three assists.
Smith spent parts of the last three seasons with the Grand Rapids Griffins of the American Hockey League. In 152 career AHL games, he has 27 goals and 59 assists.
The Red Wings announced the deal on Tuesday.
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll 54 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 19 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from the SXSW festival crash 18 min ago
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 40 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW...
19 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos