Penguins sign RFA Jeffrey to 1-year contract
The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed restricted free agent Dustin Jeffrey to a one-year contract.
The deal, worth $625,000, gives the Penguins added depth after losing veterans Brenden Morrow, Jarome Iginla and Matt Cooke in free agency. The 25-year-old Jeffrey had three goals and three assists for the Penguins during the 2013 season. Jeffrey has played in just 50 NHL games since tearing the ACL in his right knee in March, 2011.
The signing leaves the Penguins with just one restricted free agent on the roster, Robert Bortuzzo. Bortuzzo is eligible for arbitration. He played in 15 games last season, with two goals and two assists.
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 36 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos