Penguins sign RFA Jeffrey to 1-year contract
The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed restricted free agent Dustin Jeffrey to a one-year contract.
The deal, worth $625,000, gives the Penguins added depth after losing veterans Brenden Morrow, Jarome Iginla and Matt Cooke in free agency. The 25-year-old Jeffrey had three goals and three assists for the Penguins during the 2013 season. Jeffrey has played in just 50 NHL games since tearing the ACL in his right knee in March, 2011.
The signing leaves the Penguins with just one restricted free agent on the roster, Robert Bortuzzo. Bortuzzo is eligible for arbitration. He played in 15 games last season, with two goals and two assists.
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 32 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 5-alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County 14 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos