Jets sign defenseman Redmond to 1-year deal
The Winnipeg Jets have signed defenseman Zach Redmond to a one-year, two-way contract worth $715,000.
The deal with the 24-year-old Redmond, who had a goal and three assists in eight games with the Jets last season, was announced by the team on Saturday.
Redmond's season with Winnipeg ended after he was cut on the right thigh by a skate during practice and underwent immediate surgery. He returned to play in two games with the St. John's IceCaps of the American Hockey League.
The Texas native was selected by the Atlanta Thrashers in the seventh round of the 2008 NHL Draft.
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 26 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos