Leafs re-sign Gunnarsson, avoid arbitration
The Toronto Maple Leafs re-signed defenseman Carl Gunnarsson to a three-year deal Monday, avoiding salary arbitration.
Gunnarsson, 26, had one goal and 14 assists in 37 games last season. In 224 career regular-season games, all with the Leafs, Gunnarsson has 12 goals and 57 assists with 58 penalty minutes.
The Leafs originally selected the 6-foot-2, 196-pound Swede 189th overall in the 2007 draft.
Meanwhile, the Leafs announced Monday they have agreed to an affiliation with the Orlando Solar Bears of the ECHL. The Leafs will share the affiliation with the Minnesota Wild.
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 19 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man 44 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 33 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 7 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
33 min ago
- Saving with 6abc: Shopping seasonally
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos