Leafs re-sign Gunnarsson, avoid arbitration
The Toronto Maple Leafs re-signed defenseman Carl Gunnarsson to a three-year deal Monday, avoiding salary arbitration.
Gunnarsson, 26, had one goal and 14 assists in 37 games last season. In 224 career regular-season games, all with the Leafs, Gunnarsson has 12 goals and 57 assists with 58 penalty minutes.
The Leafs originally selected the 6-foot-2, 196-pound Swede 189th overall in the 2007 draft.
Meanwhile, the Leafs announced Monday they have agreed to an affiliation with the Orlando Solar Bears of the ECHL. The Leafs will share the affiliation with the Minnesota Wild.
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 51 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 48 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 52 min ago
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 50 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 46 min ago
- Officials: Valentine's Day pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 4 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos