Sabres sign goalie Hackett to 1-year deal
The Buffalo Sabres have signed goaltender Matt Hackett to a one-year contract.
Hackett, selected by Minnesota in the third round in 2009, was acquired from the Wild last season and played in three games for Buffalo's American Hockey League affiliate in Rochester, N.Y.
The London, Ontario, native went 22-20-3 record with a 2.59 goals-against average last year in games with Houston, Minnesota's AHL affiliate, and the Americans. Hackett is 3-7 with a 2.64 goals-against average in his NHL career.
The Sabres also re-signed forward Luke Adam to a one-year deal. A 2008 second-round selection, Adam scored one goal in four games with Buffalo last season.
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases 22 min ago
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos