Blues give Allen 2-year deal after solid showing
St. Louis Blues goalie Jake Allen has signed a two-year-contract after his strong showing as a rookie.
Allen was 9-4-0 with a 2.46 goals-against average to lead rookie goalies, filling in when Jaroslav Halak was injured and Brian Elliott was slumping. His .692 winning percentage was a franchise rookie record and he was the team's first rookie to win at least nine games since Curtis Joseph in 1989-90.
With Halak and Elliott also under contract next year, Allen could start the year in the minors. He was a second-round pick in the 2008 draft.
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane 13 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
8 min ago
- Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos