Veteran Gomez, Panthers agree to contract
Two-time Stanley Cup champion Scott Gomez is joining the Florida Panthers.
The Panthers said Wednesday that they agreed to terms with the veteran center on a one-year deal. Gomez leads all active U.S.-born NHL players in assists with 530 and points with 701.
Panthers general manager Dale Tallon said Gomez adds "further depth to the middle of our lineup" and will be a leader to the team's core of young players.
The 33-year-old Gomez has also played for New Jersey, the New York Rangers, Montreal and San Jose. He's been to the Stanley Cup finals three times, winning with the Devils in 2000 and 2003.
Gomez also played for the U.S. on the 2006 Olympic team.
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 18 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
18 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos