Veteran Gomez, Panthers agree to contract
Two-time Stanley Cup champion Scott Gomez is joining the Florida Panthers.
The Panthers said Wednesday that they agreed to terms with the veteran center on a one-year deal. Gomez leads all active U.S.-born NHL players in assists with 530 and points with 701.
Panthers general manager Dale Tallon said Gomez adds "further depth to the middle of our lineup" and will be a leader to the team's core of young players.
The 33-year-old Gomez has also played for New Jersey, the New York Rangers, Montreal and San Jose. He's been to the Stanley Cup finals three times, winning with the Devils in 2000 and 2003.
Gomez also played for the U.S. on the 2006 Olympic team.
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 2 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 30 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 3 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 54 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos