Blues agree with Bouwmeester on extension
The St. Louis Blues have agreed to a five-year contract extension with defenseman Jay Bouwmeester.
The extension is worth $27 million, a source told ESPN.com's Pierre Lebrun.
Bouwmeester, 29, still has a year left on his current five-year, $33.4 million deal signed with the Calgary Flames in 2009.
The Blues acquired Bouwmeester at the trade deadline in exchange for a first-round pick, minor-league defenseman Mark Cundari and Swiss League goaltender Reto Berra.
Bouwmeester joined Calgary in 2009 after being drafted third overall by the Florida Panthers in 2002. He has 71 goals and 229 assists in 10 seasons with the Flames and Panthers.
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 29 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection 44 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 29 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 24 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Skippack student hospitalized with...
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos