Blues agree with Bouwmeester on extension
The St. Louis Blues have agreed to a five-year contract extension with defenseman Jay Bouwmeester.
The extension is worth $27 million, a source told ESPN.com's Pierre Lebrun.
Bouwmeester, 29, still has a year left on his current five-year, $33.4 million deal signed with the Calgary Flames in 2009.
The Blues acquired Bouwmeester at the trade deadline in exchange for a first-round pick, minor-league defenseman Mark Cundari and Swiss League goaltender Reto Berra.
Bouwmeester joined Calgary in 2009 after being drafted third overall by the Florida Panthers in 2002. He has 71 goals and 229 assists in 10 seasons with the Flames and Panthers.
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 32 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 8 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos