Reports: Selanne close to decision on future
Teemu Selanne is closer to a final decision on whether he will return to the Anaheim Ducks this season, according to multiple reports.
"By next week, I know what I'm going to do," Selanne told the Orange County (Calif.) Register.
Selanne, 43, told the Register that if he opts to return, he would want a role on one of the Ducks' top two lines.
"My point is, if they're better than I am, I am expecting and accepting a smaller role," Selanne told the paper. "But if I'm better, I need to play more. I need to play top minutes. That's what I'm looking for. That's fair for everybody."
A 20-year veteran, Selanne scored 12 goals and 24 points in 46 games last season, his eighth with the Ducks. The Finnish right wing has averaged at least 15 minutes of ice time per game in each of the last 16 seasons.
"To be honest, I've been playing a big role," he told the Register. "I don't know if I'm ready to play 10-12 minutes a game, and that's what I want to make sure. If I play well, I get what I deserve.
"Sometimes it's not like that. So I want to make sure I'm treated the way I deserve."
A 10-time All-Star, Selanne has registered 675 goals and 755 assists in his career. He currently sits 11th on the NHL's all-time goal-scoring list and is second among active players, trailing only Jaromir Jagr (681 goals).
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 9 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 55 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
9 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos