Former GM Burke joins board of Rugby Canada
Brian Burke is joining Rugby Canada's board of directors.
RICHMOND HILL, Ontario -- Brian Burke is joining Rugby Canada's board of directors.
Burke played for Harvard Business School Rugby Football Club while he worked on his law degree.
"I'm really excited," Burke said Tuesday. "I think it's a great sport and I think the future of rugby in Canada is really bright."
Before joining the Leafs, Burke was the GM of the Hartford Whalers, the Vancouver Canucks, and with Anaheim. He won the Stanley Cup with the Ducks in 2007.
A dual citizen of the United States and Canada, Burke was also GM for the U.S. Olympic men's hockey team that won the silver medal at the 2010 Vancouver Games. Burke is the director of player personnel for the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos