Former GM Burke joins board of Rugby Canada
Brian Burke is joining Rugby Canada's board of directors.
RICHMOND HILL, Ontario -- Brian Burke is joining Rugby Canada's board of directors.
Burke played for Harvard Business School Rugby Football Club while he worked on his law degree.
"I'm really excited," Burke said Tuesday. "I think it's a great sport and I think the future of rugby in Canada is really bright."
Before joining the Leafs, Burke was the GM of the Hartford Whalers, the Vancouver Canucks, and with Anaheim. He won the Stanley Cup with the Ducks in 2007.
A dual citizen of the United States and Canada, Burke was also GM for the U.S. Olympic men's hockey team that won the silver medal at the 2010 Vancouver Games. Burke is the director of player personnel for the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apts. 16 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ 50 min ago
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Rare fish found off Delaware River
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
43 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
16 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
46 min ago
- Pranksters fake kidnapping of little boy
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos