Caps re-sign Johansson to 2-year, $4M deal
The Washington Capitals have re-signed restricted free-agent center Marcus Johansson to a two-year, $4 million contract.
The Capitals announced Saturday that Johansson will earn $1.825 million next season and $2.175 million in 2014-15.
The 22-year-old Johansson had six goals and 16 assists in 34 games last season. He missed part of the season with a concussion but returned to play well at the end skating on the top line with Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom.
Johansson was a first-round draft pick by the Capitals in 2009.
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos