Pietrangelo awaits deal as Blues start camp
The St. Louis Blues opened training camp without restricted free-agent defenseman Alex Pietrangelo, who is waiting for a new contract.
Blues general manager Doug Armstrong said Wednesday that discussions between the team and Pietrangelo's agent have reached an impasse "for now."
The 23-year-old Pietrangelo, the No. 4 pick in the 2008 draft, has been part of St. Louis' top defensive pairing the last three seasons. He is also the Blues' top scoring threat on the back line.
Pietrangelo had five goals and 19 assists in the lockout-shortened 2012-13 season. He had 12 goals, 51 points and a plus-16 rating in the 2011-12 campaign.
A total of 53 players are expected to participate in camp with practices beginning Thursday.
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim 36 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China 10 min ago
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
52 min ago
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos