Oilers ink Nugent-Hopkins to 7-year extension
The Edmonton Oilers have signed forward Ryan Nugent-Hopkins to a seven-year contract extension, the team announced Thursday.
The deal is worth $42 million total, a source told ESPN's Pierre LeBrun.
After an impressive rookie campaign, Nugent-Hopkins' numbers were slightly down this past season with just four goals and 20 assists in 40 games. He had 18 goals and 34 assists in 64 games in his first NHL season after being drafted first overall by Edmonton in 2011.
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 22 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 42 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos