Oilers' Gagner to miss start of regular season
Edmonton Oilers forward Sam Gagner will miss the start of the regular season with a broken jaw.
Gagner was hurt in Edmonton's 5-2 exhibition win over the Canucks on Saturday.
Gagner collided on the side boards with Vancouver's Zack Kassian, and Kassian's stick knocked out some of Gagner's teeth.
Kassian received a four-minute penalty on the play.
The team says Gagner is out indefinitely.
The 24-year-old Gagner had 14 goals and 38 points in 48 games with the Oilers last season. He has 91 goals and 167 assists in 414 games over six seasons with Edmonton.
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 41 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 41 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos