Leafs' Bernier: Brawl could help team unity
Toronto goaltender Jonathan Bernier says an event like a big brawl can help bring a team together.
TORONTO -- Toronto goaltender Jonathan Bernier says an event like a big brawl can help bring a team together.
The Maple Leafs' rivalry with the Buffalo Sabres hit another level in Sunday's preseason game. The wild melee included one player coming off the bench and a rare goalie fight.
Bernier says that while the club doesn't want any of its players suspended to start the season, he's pleased that teammates stepped up for each other.
Maple Leafs forward David Clarkson is expected to receive a 10-game ban for leaving the bench.
Bernier even dropped the gloves with Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller.
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos