Leafs' Bernier: Brawl could help team unity
Toronto goaltender Jonathan Bernier says an event like a big brawl can help bring a team together.
TORONTO -- Toronto goaltender Jonathan Bernier says an event like a big brawl can help bring a team together.
The Maple Leafs' rivalry with the Buffalo Sabres hit another level in Sunday's preseason game. The wild melee included one player coming off the bench and a rare goalie fight.
Bernier says that while the club doesn't want any of its players suspended to start the season, he's pleased that teammates stepped up for each other.
Maple Leafs forward David Clarkson is expected to receive a 10-game ban for leaving the bench.
Bernier even dropped the gloves with Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller.
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino 1 min ago
- Snow plot overturns on I-95 in Delaware 7 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 57 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos