Stalberg injures shoulder, will miss 3-4 weeks
Predators right wing Viktor Stalberg will miss up to four weeks with a sprained AC joint in his right shoulder.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Predators right wing Viktor Stalberg will miss up to four weeks with a sprained AC joint in his right shoulder.
The Predators announced the injury Wednesday.
Stalberg was hurt Tuesday night in the first period of a 2-0 win against Tampa Bay. He was checked by Dmitry Korobov 5:39 into the period and skated off favoring his right arm before heading to the locker room.
He signed a four-year, $12 million contract with the Predators in July after helping Chicago win the Stanley Cup. The Predators want Stalberg to help an offense that tied for fewest goals averaged per game last season.
Stalberg tied for fifth in goals for Chicago despite being 20th in average ice time.
Nashville opens the season Oct. 3 at St. Louis.
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos