Penguins put Letang, Vokoun on injured list
The Pittsburgh Penguins placed defenseman Kris Letang and goalie Tomas Vokoun on the injured list and sent forward Beau Bennett to the minors on Monday.
Letang will be out at least until Friday with what coach Dan Bylsma called a lower-body injury. The Norris Trophy finalist went down in practice last Friday and was re-evaluated in Pittsburgh on Monday. Vokoun is out indefinitely due to blood clots discovered in his pelvic region two weeks ago.
Bennett, who impressed Bylsma during the preseason, was sent to Wheeling of the ECHL. He will likely be recalled to Pittsburgh before the season opener against New Jersey on Thursday.
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 53 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 23 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 50 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 14 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
31 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos