Wild sign Pominville to five-year extension
The Minnesota Wild signed winger Jason Pominville to a five-year contract extension, the team announced Thursday.
The deal is worth $28 million in total for an average cap hit of $5.6 million, a source told ESPN.com.
Pominville, who would have become an unrestricted free agent after the season, had expressed a desire to sign the extension before the season began.
The Wild acquired Pominville, 30, from the Buffalo Sabres at April's trade deadline. He had nine points (four goals, five assists) in 10 games after the trade.
Minnesota opens at home against the Los Angeles Kings on Thursday night.
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 50 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date 33 min ago
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital 36 min ago
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos