Sabres' Leino out indefinitely with broken rib
Oft-injured Buffalo Sabres forward Ville Leino is out of the lineup once again, this time because of a broken rib.BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Oft-injured Buffalo Sabres forward Ville Leino is out of the lineup once again, this time because of a broken rib.
Coach Ron Rolston announced Thursday that Leino is out indefinitely after he was hurt in Buffalo's season-opening 2-1 loss at Detroit a day earlier.
Rolston said Leino was hurt in the first period, but continued playing. The severity of the injury wasn't revealed until Leino was examined before practice Thursday.
Leino played in just eight games last season because of a hip injury. He also missed 10 games the previous season with a broken foot after being signed to a six-year, $27-million contract.
Forward Marcus Foligno (shoulder) returned to practice Thursday, but is not expected to play until next week.
Buffalo opens its home schedule against Ottawa on Friday.
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 42 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos