Sabres' Leino out indefinitely with broken rib
Oft-injured Buffalo Sabres forward Ville Leino is out of the lineup once again, this time because of a broken rib.BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Oft-injured Buffalo Sabres forward Ville Leino is out of the lineup once again, this time because of a broken rib.
Coach Ron Rolston announced Thursday that Leino is out indefinitely after he was hurt in Buffalo's season-opening 2-1 loss at Detroit a day earlier.
Rolston said Leino was hurt in the first period, but continued playing. The severity of the injury wasn't revealed until Leino was examined before practice Thursday.
Leino played in just eight games last season because of a hip injury. He also missed 10 games the previous season with a broken foot after being signed to a six-year, $27-million contract.
Forward Marcus Foligno (shoulder) returned to practice Thursday, but is not expected to play until next week.
Buffalo opens its home schedule against Ottawa on Friday.
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings 31 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot 13 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd 17 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos