Maple Leafs' Kulemin to miss at least 2 weeks
Nikolai Kulemin will miss at least two weeks with a bone chip in his ankle
TORONTO -- Nikolai Kulemin will miss at least two weeks with a bone chip in his ankle.
Maple Leafs coach Randy Carlyle said Saturday the winger blocked a shot with his foot in practice Friday and could have played hurt for a month. Instead, the team and doctors decided to put Kulemin in a walking boot and not take the chance of making it worse.
Carlyle said it was not a displaced fracture, which is why Kulemin would have been able to continue playing. But the Leafs will be without him starting Saturday night in their home opener against the Ottawa Senators.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash 17 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos